Monday, April 25, 2011

Mascara Review: Clinique - High Impact Mascara


I received a sample of Clinique's High Impact Mascara in the mail from Clinique to try out. I have always been a Lancome girl, but I'm always ready to try new things! I have to say, I'm rather impressed with this mascara!



Price: About $15.00 on Cliniqe.com

What It Claims: "Kicks up the volume and length of each and every lash for a look that’s lusher, plusher, bolder. Pure, deep color only adds to the impact. Wear it once and you’ll feel naked without it. Ophthalmologist Tested. Volumizing/Thickening Mascara."

The Truth: It's pretty awesome if I do say so myself. It's not as voluminous and I usually would use, but it doesn't clump and it doesn't make your eyelashes look like scary spider legs. The formula goes on light, so you need a couple coats but I'm pretty much in love with this stuff as I've used it every single day since I received the sample! The brush is awesome, it's not too big, and the bristles seem to catch every single lash! The formula really separates, and "fans" out your lashes which I am absolutely loving. It's great for sensitive eyes as well because it doesn't clump, and it doesn't irritate my eyes which I seem to have a lot of trouble with a lot of mascaras. It's pretty expensive for a mascara in comparison as to what I usually buy, but compared to other counter brand mascaras... it's actually not that bad. Lancome mascaras usually run about $20.oo, so it's about $5.00 less than other brands that you would find at a department store.

After Two Coats:




Would I recommend it:
Absolutely! Especially if you have sensitive eyes, or want a nice "everyday" mascara. I will definitely be purchasing a full tube of it myself.

Have any of you tried it? Rants or raves?

No comments:

Post a Comment